Thursday, April 12, 2012

BHAKTAPUR

I am in POKARA airport right now. My fligh is being delayed for bad air traffic in Kathmadu. I hope I am really going to leave today. Crossed fingers.....
After waiting for an hour, the airline put me in the earlier flight which had been delayed 3 hours. Good to travel single sometimes. Plus the employees were so nice with me they let me hang out in their office to check Internet.
Nepal is so nice! People are so friendly.

I am in Bhaktapur now. A beautiful medieval town. It reminds me a bit of Jasalmer in India, except Bhaktapur is not a a fortress.
My room faces Dunbar Square. Awesome view from my room.
The bistek Jatra Festival is happening. It is spread over a week but the main celebrations are tonight Nepalese New Year Eve, and tomorrow night New Years Day 2069.
I will explain all that in the next post with tons of pictures. For now, here the view from my room ;)

My room is at the lower left windows of the building in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment