Thursday, April 19, 2012

04-16-2012 to 04-18-2012 : Relax in Chitwan

I have spent 3 and a half day in Chitwan now. What a relaxing time.
On my second day I went for a whole day Jungle trek to look for rhinos , bears and maybe tigers. It was just me and 2 guides. In the end I saw 4 rhinos and a quick glimpse at a bear. But as I was going through the jungle I was thinking of how stupid of me it was to do that now with what is coming this summer ;)
Reports of accidents are usually of single villagers, no tourist groups. Apparently one was killed by a tiger 2 weeks ago.
Anyway, nothing went wrong. It usually doesn't. But it definitely has risks.
We had a really close accounter with rhinos in the morning as we started walking. As we reached bushes 2 Rhinos that we didn't notice before ran away. This was quite surprising and a bit scary.
The 2 other rhinos we were able to see where at a lake where we stayed for a while waiting for them.
Outside of that we saw many birds dears and an bear butt ;)
This was an OK day. The guides were great and very professional. It is incredible how their eyes are trained. They can notice animals coming so far in the distance.
The thing I shouldn't have done tho, is to go on an hour boat tour before end. I was added to a Chinese tour group who couldn't stop talking and moving around in long and unstable long boat. This was not worth it even if I saw a couple of crocodiles.
































It is really hot here now compare to 2 days ago. So yesterday and today were quite lazy days, Chilling out some more in the hammock, going bathing with elephants in the river, relaxing some more before riding with Cristina and Jordi (a spanish couple also from Barcolona, who are half way through their 6 months travel) to the elephant breeding center to meet baby elephants including a 4 days old.








































































Then today I rented a bicycle to visit the villages surrounding the little tourist hub where I am staying. People were again very friendly. The houses are very different here. The traditional way is to build walls with bamboo stick that are then covered with clay. Often you can also see paint decorations like hands or baby feet on those walls. But more and more those houses are replaced with cement and brick ones. They are not as charming but more practical and long lasting. By lunch time it was so hot that the only thing to do was to sit and relax for a few hours. So I did ;) I will ride some more this evening, get a drink by the river for sunset and that will be it for today ;)
Tomorrow I am living for Kathmandu where I will spend 4 days before heading back to France.
I will meet again with Navim and Nima. And I will also probably meet again with Cristina and Jordi who left today. A few temples and another Dunbar Square visit, and shopping.
















































Well this is quite a boring entry. I wasn't bored tho. Chitwan was a great stop and a nice break from the noise of the cities.
One funny note. Per Nepalese school books, we have no mosquitoes in France:) Since I arrived in Chitwan 2 persons asked me were I was from and when I said France they informed me that we didn't have mosquitoes in France. When I told the guesthouse restaurant manager that this was wrong, he told me that this is actually something they learn in school. Anyway, we had a good laugh about it.

Now on a sad note. I will not be able to post any more pictures or very few until I get back to France as my computer doesn't want to start up anymore unless I have time to stop by a computer shop in Kathmandu.
I will let you know when everything is up. It will be soon. Promise ;)

As I was drinking a Coke by the river at sunset a crew was shooting a movie. Later I was told that the guy is a famous Nepali action movie star. Nice Mullet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment