Sunday, April 15, 2012

04-14-2012: Little trip to Patan after all

After losing my passport for 5 minutes in the madness of the festival, a dinner which didn't sit well and a night of emptying myself from both ends ;) , I woke up OK. So I decided to take the local bus to Patan, another medieval town south of Kathmandu, with a magnificent Dunbar Square.
Even if Dunbar Square is the attraction there, the most interesting part of the day for me was to take the bus like everyone else here. Again people were very nice to me except for that rotten money collector on the return trip who tried to rip me off. Likely I knew the price and took my change of his hand which made the other passengers laugh ;)
Also as I was wandering around in Patan I witnessed some kind of ceremonial. Nepalese families were gathered in a temple area picnicking. Women were dressed in Red. People were burning something in metal bowls, lighting candles, rigging bells. In one corner a group of men was playing music and chanting. IN another area 3 men were praying throwing rise ,water and fruit juice at a fire surrounded by, what I think, was offerings of fruits.
I was the only tourist in there and people didn't seem to be bothered. In contrary, they seemed friendly and almost inviting. I spent some time there watching all that was going on around me, listening to -the sound of the music playing, bell ringing and kids laughing.
Tomorrow I am going to Chitwan National Park for a few days. I will visit the jungle and maybe see rhinos, tigers, elephants or bears. I will probably also ride around on bicycle to visit surrounding villages and maybe even go fishing. But all that will depend on how I deal with the heat. I will be around 36 degree Celsius down there!






No comments:

Post a Comment