Thursday, March 29, 2012

It looks like India, it smells like india, but it is a lot more relax




























I arrived today 2 hours later than plane.
I am posting 2 pics (not great but it gives a hint of the very little I saw today. I will come back after the Nepalese new year) but I wish I could show you the view from the plane this morning. Sadly, I didn't have my camera handy :( We went over the hills with the tips covered with rize paddies and the Himalayas popping out of the mist in the background.
It really feels like India here. It looks like it, it smells like it, it sounds like it: crazy traffic and crazy honking. But people are different. They are shorter and there is a reel mix between Indian looking and Tibetan looking ones. And sticking out of the crowd are the white giant tourist like me.
I already planed my treck. I am actually leaving a day earlier. I start tomorrow instead, to have more time in Pokara after. I will be trecking for 11 days, so I might not be able to post anything during that time. I will when I come back.

Kathmandu is not as crazy as people had told me. Probably because I went to India before and especially Delhi. But it is polluted. I can already feel in my throat.


2 comments: